Training is tailored to meet the needs of your community.
Workshop Focus options
- Board Governance
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning
- Planning/Holding Effective Meetings
- Bylaw/Policy Development
How to run an Effective Meeting
The purpose of this workshop is to provide some guidelines and tips that will help to make your meetings more effective, efficient and productive.
- Parking Lot
Full day formal workshop or smaller working group training available.
- Getting Started
- Assessing readiness
- Identifying and analysing funding sources
- Assets Inventory
- Reading the Proposal Request
- Drafting the Application
- Follow Up
Lakeland District challenges the trend of volunteer burnout and stresses around a lack of volunteers by offering Volunteer Recruitment and Retention workshops throughout the district.
- Principles of volunteer engagement (how to keep the volunteers you get!)
- New approaches to volunteer recruitment (how to find the right people)
- The Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement